Opunake Mornings 23/03/2012

 A change of route this morning as I had to take a run - so many days of dodgy weather I needed a good release of pent up energy. So up a bit before the light was high enough to take my usual circuit of photos. But the day is starting off shrouded in a light mist and rain on and off so I never did see the sun and I couldn't take some of my usual shots cos of the wind blowing the rain into the camera. So a different perspective on Opunake today.
Dot dog and I headed across to the far end of Opunake Main Beach and out to the end of that point. There is usually a stunning mountain view with sunrise from there but just grey fluffy clouds this morning. This first shot is from the end of the point looking towards Wellington.
 Coming back across the top of Opunake Main Beach looking down to the low tide.
 Another view of Opunake Main Beach from the opposite end - where I would usually see a striking sunrise but not today.
 Pretty much an empty camp ground now. Very different from how it was during the holidays
 Only a lazy wave today.
 The break at my usual point looking pretty gloomy and wet.
Looking down into Middleton Bay - can't really see far at all.

No wind vein this morning as too dark to shoot when I ran past.

Comments