Breathing 28/04/2016

Main Beach Opunake.

My usual daily practice is to walk my dogs first thing in the morning. I like to go early as to see the start of the day and also so the three buy creatures can enjoy a bit of leash free exercise. Once it gets busier I need to keep them close by on their leashes which restricts them a lot. I am privileged to live in a sparsely populated place so this is a luxury I can still indulge in. Often we see no-one at all on our meanderings and it is possible to avoid any traffic as well - very very lucky. 
It has occurred to me lately though that when I am walking at this time, in this place I am holding my body tense and breathing tightly as if expecting a crisis. It surprises me that this is my state as I am not consciously aware of being anxious. I am now trying to become more quickly aware of this and relax my body, deepen and slow my breaths and embrace the chance to notice the things that pass in a flash in the natural world around me. 




Comments