Revamping the blog 24/04/2016

I have just had nearly 10 weeks away from my normal homebase of Opunake. In that time I have reconsidered this blog and how I want it to develop. So I have decided to remove the restriction of location from the title so this can be used even in my nomadic periods. Also my love affair with the start of the day has deepened and become enriched. My thoughts seem to be more intact, focused and robust before the rest of the world joins in the day and I want to use this blog to record and reflect on those thoughts and share them with those who may be interested.
The eroding edge of the Opunake Walkway.

In the time we have lived here this cliff face has been very mobile. Huge chunks of it have fallen away into the hungry ocean. What was solid and physically tangible dissolves. It makes me wonder about where all the land material goes to. 
I feel the parallel with the progress of life. Energetic young life gradually dissolves into slower older life, the energy dissipating incrementally with each day. Major events can cause larger losses. Is the impact of that energy retained or does it just float away without a real trace? Is it a vanity to consider that our individual energy could imprint on such a volatile entity as Earth.

Comments