Rock Hopping 29/04/2016

Low tide near Pa Point Opunake

The base of our local cliffs are the site of wonderful rock masses of all shapes and sizes. A favourite exercise is walking around these fields of rock, going from top to top - a totally different form of walking. The easiest way to find the best path is to follow my very old dog who is virtually blind but sure-footedly finds her way over the beds without missing a beat, even allowing for the huge variation in heights and surfaces she encounters. This brings to mind how much knowledge we all accumulate as our lives move on and how little of it we ever really share either with each other as peers or with younger generations. Recently my Father died and I miss visiting with him as every visit he taught me something in his conversations. I revisit these now and they have significance to me in my life. 
My life has been spent making textiles and I am reaching an age when some of the processes are becoming too hard for me physically. I wonder if my knowledge will all be lost or if someone can be found who would like to glean some of it.

Comments