Another point of view 14/05/2016

Waiau River, Opunake

This morning we crossed the Waiau River and looked back to where we normally look down from - a reverse point of view.  A whole new aspect, a previously unexplored outline and rock field.  Like travelling to a new place but still strangely familiar.  Enough in common to have that Opunake feel about it that the other headlands I am more used to viewing have, but fresh.  This reminded me how important it is to look for fresh ways of dealing with anything.  It is easier to stay with the tried and true but that can limit new learning.  I'm about to re-enter my studio seriously for the first time since finishing my research study.  It is a time for me to look at what I am surrounded by in my making places and try to take a fresh viewpoint on it.  All my materials and experiments are as I left them in "mid-flight" in the research process.  Now is the time to reconsider and explore with a different point of view as my academic constraints are gone.  Familiar but hopefully revived and fresh - opening still more new worlds of exploration. 

Comments