Intricacy and beauty. 05/05/2016


Every now and then something catches my eye because there is way more to it than appears at first glance. Nature endlessly creates detailed things that are nuanced and complex but fleeting.  Flowers are configured for the unique continuation of the specific variety as it competes with all other varieties for pollination and survival. The value of beauty is taken for granted by us, the human spectators of this process. How rich our world is visually because of this informing design element in the natural world. My soul lifts to things I perceive as beautiful - beyond the purely pragmatic functionality they need to exist. What a dreary place it would be without intricate, delicate, exquisite beauty. I would find survival far more unrewarding if my world held no beauty. 

Comments