Pleasure 10/05/2016


There are things in my life that have always lifted my spirits and been visually stimulating in a positive way. Primarily amongst these would have to be seeing the first rays of light come into the morning. Even if it is gloomy old wet day I still feel my spirit "wake-up" with the brightening of the horizon. Another thing that has always been pleasing to me are these reed grasses that grow around New Zealand in lots of places. I feel like I should perhaps be able to identify them with the botanical label as I see them but then the other side of my thinking just enjoys their robust growth in unlikely places, the amazing colours they produce through various stages of their life and their architectural presence.
I wander large distances with my trusty dogs on a daily basis and these simple things never fail to raise my awareness of my present space and to give me pleasure.

Comments