Transformation 24/05/2016


The processes of decay and transformation in the natural world are always quite mysterious. It is only out of the change of the old that the new arises, often through the agency of secondary agents.
I am at a stage in my creative career where it is time to move into a new orbit - a new realm of expression.  In preparation for that I am trying to divest myself of many creative explorations I have started over the decades. These things have a beauty or a uniqueness about them but are a process along the way for me, something I am unable to "complete".  My long time habit has been to store them meticulously "just in case". Recently I have been feeling very strongly the need to let these things go so they can be transformed by someone else into a state of "completion" where they can be appreciated and enjoyed. It is not a process of decay but of transfer and transformation.  I am believing that out of this process, as I say farewell to work sometimes long forgotten, that I will find a release of energy to walk my new path. 

Comments