Distracted 19/06/2016


Today I was totally preoccupied out walking - thinking forward to all the ideas for projects that are bubbling in my head. Many of my projects involve complex preparations and material making before the actual "project" can be created. This is a time consuming aspect of my practice and it requires me to think well ahead if i am ever to reach hoped for completion target. So as I was walking a variant of my local walk I was largely disconnected from what was unveiling itself into a magnificent opening of the day until I lost my old dog. When I went back to find her she had fallen into a hole dug for a fence post and was unable to get herself out. She is essentially blind so of course in the low light would not have seen the hole. I felt so guilty for not being attentive to her and in fact to my whole surroundings that it was a real mindset jolt. I forget very easily to enjoy and attend to the here and now. So for at least today I am going to focus on what is immediately around me so I can participate in the present fully. 

Comments