Lost opportunities 27/04/2016

Middleton Bay

One of the reasons I live here is the closeness of Middleton Bay Beach for a morning swim. I try to do this daily when the conditions or life allows. I have not been able to swim the last three days because of the wild wind driven sea conditions. This morning it is all calm and ideal for swimming. However I have failed to protect my time to enable me to use this glorious window of opportunity. I woke late and then I have made appointments for very early this morning so the outcome was not enough time. 
The swim centres me, it removes any interruptions - I count my strokes in a rhythmic pattern and I observe the sky as it shifts above me. I feel re-aligned and ready to go through the day after leaving the water. I know this is an essential element for my functioning during the day and yet often I let it be pushed aside to accommodate "practical" issues. I seem to be slow to hold this learning. 

Comments